Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Today...

Our son was born.  Words cannot express how amazing that feels to say.  I'm watching Colin right now, cuddling Roland, and the two of them look so very content.  Roland has been an amazing baby thus far...he cried when he was born, and since then, he has only cried when he was having various tests done.  We have cuddled him all day long, though the real test will be tonight.

I might be just a tad biased, but he is the most amazing and most beautiful baby I've ever seen.  He is gorgeous, with big DARK blue eyes bordering on violet, dirty blonde hair with no eyebrows (just like momma,) his daddy's chin and his mommy's nose.  He has HUGE feet and tiny little toes.  He weighed in at 8lbs, 11oz and 20.5" long.  He has huge chunky legs and an adorable chunky butt.  He is perfect.

I will be writing the birth story up shortly.  It's going to be long, and it will be filled with TMI...so if you don't want to know the gory details, then you can avoid it.  I had a rough couple of days, but the end result was so worth it.  I wouldn't trade it away for anything in the world...

I am so happy, and I am so very blessed.  I've no idea what I did to deserve such a beautiful family, but I am so happy to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment