Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tales from the Blender!

My kid is a champion eater.  No, really.  He loves everything we've given him so far...which is pretty damn awesome.  The hope is he'll be a better eater than I am!

So far, he's had:

Applesauce--I'm not going to make my own applesauce, because it's a pain in the ass.  However.  I can buy a giant jug of it for $2.00, as opposed to roughly $1.00 for 4oz of it in the baby food section.  Totally worth it to buy in bulk.  I have taken to blending it up because it's not quite as smooth as the stuff in the baby food jars.

Bananas--He loooooves him some 'naners.  He gobbles them up like nobodies business.  If you are eating a banana, he'll look at you and open his mouth and make the, 'ah, ah, nom' noises until you smoosh some between your fingers for him.  It's stupidly adorable!  We've been eating a LOT of bananas in our house, so I tend to use the ones that are starting to get a little brown...still edible, but squishy enough that most people don't want to eat them.  They work perfectly!  Oh, and the baby food bananas are nasty looking!  They have that fake banana look to them...yuck.  But, he likes those too...and they're awfully handy when we're travelling!

Avocado--Again, he adores his avocado.  The only issue I've had with this was when I cut up an avocado that wasn't quite ripe enough.  The Baby Bullet had a hard time blending it, so I ended up taking a few chunks out.

Green Beans--I think next time, I need to cook these longer.  They were a tad bit lumpy when I blended them. He likes these quite a bit, even if I think they're nasty.


Tonight, I made up some more food.  Tomorrow, we're going to try Mango and see how he feels about that.  I'm actually really excited to see how he does with it!  I'm sure he'll love it...he hasn't met he a food he didn't love yet!

Yeah.  I'm in love with the Baby Bullet.  :)  It is SUCH a convenient little thing.  I really enjoy making our own food...we can still use the jar food in a pinch, but it's nice to be able to know exactly what he's eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment