Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Love

I am a good mother.

I have my flaws.  We all have our flaws.  Sometimes I'm impatient, sometimes I get frustrated.  I don't do as many craft things.  I don't read as much as I should.  I don't teach enough, although I try.  I yell, sometimes.  And there are times when I just want to be alone.

I love my child.  He is the most important thing in my life, hands down.  I would sacrifice anything and everything for him.  I would lay down my life for him.

The past few weeks, I have felt like a pretty terrible mother.  I get frustrated when Roland bites or pinches me, especially when he does it for no reason.  I feel stuck, because we're in a house that isn't really ours, and I just feel limited on what I can do with him.  The past few days with the nice weather has helped, but today was an especially rough day.

I am a good mother, despite my flaws, or maybe because of them.  I am raising my son the best way that I know how, and I am raising him surrounded with love (there are more cuddles and kisses than frustrated squawks, I promise.)

I'm going to stumble along the way and I'm going to fail.  I'm learning, too.  As I struggle to teach my son how to be a good person, I'm also struggling to teach myself how to be a better mother.

But I love my child more than anything.  I never doubt that.

No comments:

Post a Comment