Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Final Days

I know I've been terrible at keeping this updated lately.  Things have just been pretty busy as I anxiously await the Sprog's appearance.  These last few weeks have been full of emotional highs and lows.

At my appointment on the 8th, we talked with my Dr. about possibly inducing me.  He is going to be gone over the holidays, and he really wants to be there when my baby is born.  I'm ok with that, as he's been my doctor my entire life, and I feel comfortable with him.  Plus, by that point, I was getting pretty tired of being pregnant.  So, the plan was I'd come back the following Tuesday and he would check me again (on the 8th, I wasn't dialated at all, even though my cervix was starting to thin) and we would plan on a Thursday, 12/15, induction.  I went in on the 13th, and my Dr. checked me again with some bad news.  I was just BARELY dialated, not quite 1cm, and though my cervix was still thinning, it was happening slowly.  His opinion was that trying to induce me on Thursday would just result in a lot of tears and frustrations on my part.  The last thing he wanted was to keep me in the hospital 2 days without any results.  The new plan--wait until Monday the 19th.  I'll be going in tomorrow and he will check me again, and if things are looking ok, then he'll admit me and induce me.

Maybe.

I'm not really holding my breath at this point.

And before anyone tries to tell me about all the dangers of inducing and how horrible it is and how I need to just be patient--please don't.  I am well aware of the statistics and the potential risks.  I would really, really like Roland here before Christmas...but if it doesn't happen, I won't be upset.  I'm just anxious to meet him.

I'm feeling pretty beaten up today.  I'm totally exhausted and hurting.  My hands and feet are swollen and in pain after we spent all day yesterday shopping and out and about.  I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon, but I think I'm going to skip it...I don't feel like getting naked and crawling onto a massage bed, and I just know that with my luck, my water would break in the middle of it!

Last night, I started having some pretty rough contractions while we were at the movie.  Unfortunately, they didn't last very long...this morning, I'm back to pretty mild contractions that don't really feel very productive.  I'm hoping they pick up a bit.  I wouldn't mind going into labor tonight.

I think the biggest problem I'm having is that I'm just anxious to meet our son.  Hopefully that will happen in the next few days, or I might just go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment