Thursday, June 23, 2011

14 Weeks

Ok, I missed it by a couple of days.  But don't worry, I always know when that new week rolls over!  Every week is a milestone for me, and I go to look up interesting tidbits about our Sprog.

Like this week, he or she is the size of a lemon.  And I'm officially into my second trimester!

It also makes me think that in another 2 months or so, even if the baby decided to come early (which it won't, I'm too stubborn to let that happen) it would be viable and have a possibility of surviving.  That is kind of terrifying!

I'm so excited about this whole thing.  Sometimes, it still hasn't really sunk in...and then I'll find myself sitting there and boggling.  We're going to have a baby, and we're TOTALLY unprepared.  I feel like I need to run out and go shopping (but of course I don't have any money for that!)

My morning sickness has mostly gone away.  There are still mornings where I feel pukey, but for the most part I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm still very tired, but a lot of that is me just not getting enough sleep.  Our work schedules suck, and lead to getting up WAY too early.  My back and hips have been causing me a LOT of problems the last few days.  I've been avoiding the Tylenol as much as possible (though the Doctor told me I can take it) mostly because it doesn't really help much.  I have a massage scheduled for next week, so I'm sure that will help immensely.

At my last appointment, my doctor gave me a referral for massage therapy.  And my insurance will cover massages!  So guess who is going to go and get a massage every other week or so?  That's right...THIS gal.  If I can manage my pain through massage, I will feel a lot better.  I don't want to have to try to figure out drugs I can take to make it stop hurting...and in a few more months, It's GOING to be hurting.  But given the amount of relief I got with my last massage, I think that we can make this work.  And hell, even if I DID have to pay for it...$60-100 every other week to keep me from immense pain?  Hell yeah, that's worth it.

I'm feeling really good.  I've been trying to work out at least once a week or so.  Nothing huge, just some time on the excercise bike, but it's better than nothing.  I've been eating a bit better.  Drinking a TON of water.  I have a soda usually once a week, and a coffee once or twice a week.  I find that I physically can't eat as much as I used to...I just get too full.

However.  I'm still craving Golden Corral!

No comments:

Post a Comment