Thursday, June 2, 2011

So Sleepy!

The hardest part of the pregnancy so far hasn't been the morning sickness (or the afternoon sickness...or the evening sickness...) or my being unable to drink booze or caffeine.  It hasn't been the fact that my back hurts all the time and I can't take anything more than Tylenol (though I need to go get another massage.)  Nor has it even been the fact that my internal filter seems to have drifted away somewhere (if I've said something bluntly honest and borderline mean to you - I'm sorry.  If I haven't yet - I will.)  I think the hardest part of this pregnancy so far has been my complete and utter exhaustion.

On days that I can get 9 hours of sleep, I'm...ok.  Every other day though, I'm just completely wiped out.  And guess how often I can get that much sleep a night?  Yeah.  Not often.

I'm tired and I'm cranky and I feel old.  I don't have time for any of the hobbies that I love.  The thought of dragging myself out of bed every morning so I can go to a soul draining job for 8 hours usually makes me want to cry.  Simply put - this sucks.  My body is in overdrive growing the Sprog, but man...I would love to just wake up feeling rested.  It doesn't help I wake up 1-8 times every night.  Either I have to pee or my back hurts enough that I have to find some other comfortable position.

Don't get me wrong.  I wouldn't trade it.  I'm excited about the baby, and I can't wait to meet her/him.  But man...a good nights sleep would be totally blissful...maybe on Sunday I can sleep in?

No comments:

Post a Comment