Monday, June 13, 2011

Second Appointment

We stayed busy today.  I called in...I wasn't feeling well, and I just had SO much stuff to get done.

First off, we headed into town and stopped at the recruiters office.  Colin filled out some paperwork.  He hasn't signed anything officially yet...but the process for officers takes a LOT longer.  First he fills out paperwork and it gets sent off.  Then, as long as that checks out (and as soon as he loses the weight) he gets to go to MEPS.  Once he's done that, he will be able to take a trip to DC for the boards.  Then, it will take them 4-6 weeks to decide if they will accept him as a Chaplain or not.  Then, 5 weeks of ODS (officer training) and 9 1/2 weeks of Chaplain school.  So the whole process is VERY lengthy.  From the schedule that the recruiter has, it looks like they are doing boards every 1-2 months.  Right now, he has until the end of July to lose about 50lbs...if that doesn't happen, then we'll shoot for the next one.

After the recruiters office, we headed off to the clinic.  We FINALLY got him in to get his toe looked at, and I thought the doctor was going to slap him.  Or maybe me.  His poor toe was/is VERY infected.  She wasn't sure that she would be able to get the ingrown part out of there.  In addition to that, he's got this massive bit of nasty that isn't helping it.  Anyway, she numbed up his toe really well and was able to get all of the ingrown bit out.  Then, he was given a huge antibiotic prescription, along with some Lortab if the pain gets bad.  Hopefully, the antibiotics will help take down some of the inflammation.  We will likely find a good podiatrist in town who can keep an eye on it for him.

After the clinic, we had to head back to the recruiters office...there was some papers he had to initial.  Plus, one of the other recruiters did his body/fat ratio measurements.  At this point, he needs to either a) lose about 50lbs or b) lose 6" off his weight while not losing any off his neck.  I'm pretty sure that we can do one of the two of those without too much trouble!

Then off to lunch at Jakers.  They have a really good soup/salad bar.  Noms!

Headed to where we THOUGHT the DMV was, only to find that it's not at the court house.  Oh, and even better, you have to have an appointment...and they were booked for the day.  Well, hell...this was the big thing I wanted to achieve!

So we headed over to my appointment and just got there super early.  That was ok though, it gave us some time to brainstorm some questions.  Dr. Burke was gone this afternoon delivering another baby, so I saw the Nurse Practitioner instead.  Didn't bother me any - I haven't had any issues at all with the pregnancy, so this was all just routine.  My bp is FABULOUS as always (120/82.)  When she pulled out the little heart monitor to check on the heartbeat, she was having a hard time finding the baby.  I didn't really freak out - I'm fat, and only 13 weeks along...that can make finding Sprog a bit difficult.  So we moved down to the ultrasound room and did it that way.  On the plus side, I've got another Sprog picture!  Baby's heartbeat was fabulous (167) and it's amazing how much it's grown in the past month.

We asked her the few questions that we had...the biggest one was about my back.  I've got some pretty nasty lower back issues...they haven't bothered me much yet, but I know they will.  She told me to rock the Tylenol and gave me a prescription/referral for massage therapy.  That SHOULD be enough for my insurance to cover massages...Woo!  We got our next two appointments set.  July 11th for another routine exam, and August 1st for our ultrasound to find out what we're having!  Even better, that is Colin's Birthday!  :)  I can't wait to know what we're going to be having...

After the appointment, we rushed over to the DMV.  They got me in just as they were closing!  So, I will soon have a Montana drivers license with my new name on it!  Woo!

So yeah...really stupidly busy day.  But very, very satisifying...we got everything done that we needed to.  Well, except for my student loan stuff, but that will just have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment