Thursday, June 30, 2011

15 Weeks

Well, I'm 15 weeks, as of yesterday, and everything is going really well.  The morning sickness is mostly gone...there are still a few days every week where I get sick, but it has mostly fled (oh, thank god!)

The exhaustion is still there, but I think that is more the schedule of our lives rather than anything else.  I'm really hoping the husband can get on 5-8 hour shifts when he does his shift bid...these 10 hour shifts with only 1 vehicle in the house are pretty rough.

Our baby is now roughly the size of an apple.  Or a 26-week-gestation badger, according to our friend Karou.  I kinda prefer to think of Sprog as a baby badger...

My parents are going to be up to visit this weekend, which will be really nice.  Yay birthday weekend!

Yesterday was like Baby Smorgasborg.  Some friends of ours gave us a high chair, one of the awesome swings that rocks either side-to-side or front-to-back, a bunch of bottle accessories, and a little bouncer.  And we got a big box of blankets and sheets and awesome baby stuff from another friend.  We're starting to slowly gather things...I'm eventually going to need to make a list of what we have and what we need.

The closer we get and the more baby things we accumulate, the more terrified I get about all of it.  Much of my free time is consumed by thinking about our baby and how we're going to manage a child.  I know we can do it...especially with all of the amazing friends and family we have...but it is still intimidating.  I wouldn't trade it, and I wouldn't give it up...but I would be a complete liar if I said I wasn't scared shitless.  I have a lot of experience baby sitting...but not a lot of experience with infants.

I know that feelings like this are normal, and I don't feel bad about them.  I know that no matter how freaked out we are right now, we'll raise our baby properly, and we'll all be fine.  But that doesn't change it.

It's still hard to wrap my brain around sometimes.  There are moments where I'll be sitting there and then just boggle...'Holy Crap.  I'm going to have a baby.  I have a 26-week-gestation badger inside me!'

But ya know what?  In 5 weeks we get to find out the sex!  WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment