Saturday, May 14, 2011

Oops!

Been a few days since I've posted, sorry about that.  Life got kind of crazy.

Well, we're well into week 8 now.  I'm anxious to get this first trimester behind us.  Every time my stomach starts to hurt a little or I feel a little twinge in my back or I feel a little crampy, I get the, 'Oh crap!' feeling.  We didn't want the baby at first and it definitely wasn't planned...but now, I desperately want the Sprog Face.  Healthy and happy and pudgy (and a girl, preferably.)  Rationally, I know that there isn't much I can do about it.  I'm eating well, getting enough sleep, taking my vitamins, drinking a CRAPTON of water.  No booze, no smoking, no caffeine (Ok, maybe a LITTLE bit here and there, but I got rid of nearly all of it.)  At this point, if something happens, it's kind of out of my control.

Doesn't make me freak out any less, of course.  I am a perpetual worry-wort...another quality I got from my Mom.  :)  I worry and stress and fret about everything...but I really am trying not to stress myself out too badly.

Colin is off in Tulsa this weekend, and I miss him.  It's his graduation, and he went down with his parents to walk.  I wish I was there.  Mostly because I miss him!  He'll be back Tuesday morning, just in time for us to trundle off to my first appointment.

I hate doctors.  Have I mentioned that?  I hate going to appointments, I hate admitting I'm sick, I hate being on the other side of the medical chart.  It stresses me out.  This is really no different.  I've heard nothing but great things about Dr. Burke, but I'm still stressing it.  I'm sure I'll get the normal doctor lecture where they tell me I'm too fat and I'm going to put myself in an early grave, blah blah blah.  I know there will be tests, and of course, I'm nervous about that.  And getting naked...ooohhhh, how I hate getting naked.  Guess I need to get used to God and Everyone seeing my lady bits.  *sigh*

Still excited.  Really, I am.  Just...nervous.  Well no.  Terrified is a better word.  I'm terrified.  Some days, I forget that I'm pregnant.  Then I get a little crampy twinge or I start to feel like I'm going to puke because I haven't eaten in two hours and I am violently reminded that there is a little bundle of cells stealing all of my spoons to grow arms.  Really, who needs arms?  So yeah.  Terrified.  It helps that I've got an AMAZING support group.  Our families are amazing and have been incredibly supportive, and I don't even know what I'd do without our friends.

Oh yeah.  And I'm impatient.  Can it be December already?  No?  Ok, can I be far enough along that I can at least feel Sprog Face kick and know if I need a pink of blue hat?  No?  Well...Crap!

...I totally want a baby Tardis blanket.  That would be fabulous...

1 comment:

  1. Hm... I found a knitting pattern for a stuffed Dalek.

    ReplyDelete