Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thoughts...

I was thinking today, about the way we told everyone we were pregnant. There wasn't any joy and excitement, no laughing and congratulating, no adorable pictures or cutsey ways of telling our families. Instead, there were more tears then there should have been, anxiety, and a ton of fear.

I feel bad.

I always had these huge, awesome plans about how I would tell my husband and our families. And none of those plans involved nearly this much stress and crying. And they almost all included us waiting to tell anyone until the second trimester.

I know I can't do anything about it now, but I still wish I could go back in time and change things. I wonder if it's too late to do the fun, dorky stuff I had planned? I hope that our friends and family can forget about our first reaction of freaking out (in a BAD way) and instead focus on the current excitement and glee.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* I will totally squee over any cutsey announcements you put on FB/Buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would still at the time when you wanted to announce things go ahead and announce it like you we're planning on doing. There might be a little less of a reaction, but people that understand should still react to it and be excited for you.

    ReplyDelete