Saturday, November 12, 2011

Little Kicks

The most amazing and most bizarre part of pregnancy, up to this point, has been feeling Roland move around.  I can feel him squirm and wiggle and hiccup and kick and punch.  Sometimes they're light little movements that leave me wondering if my stomach is just shifting around.  Other times, it is very obvious that there is a tiny little foot attempting to chest burst.  I try to tell people when he is kicking, because Colin loves to feel it and my dad wants to feel it too.  It's hard sometimes...I'll feel the movements start, and I just kind of rub my belly and stare at it in wonder.  It's amazing that there is a little bitty person in there wiggling and shifting and stretching to make himself comfortable.

35 weeks ago, there was nothing there but infinite potential.  Now, it's really a baby that could live and breath on his own, if he were born right now.  The idea is just amazing, for me.  It's hard to believe that in just a few weeks, he's going to be here.  I can't wait, but I'm totally terrified at the same time.  So many huge things wrapped up in such a tiny person!

The kicks hurt sometimes, and sometimes I even complain about them.  Secretly though, I don't mind them at all.  Even when he bounces on my bladder or lodges his foot in my ribs.  It's a feeling I wouldn't trade for anything in this world.

1 comment:

  1. I love the kicking and wiggling. Gir always had a perfect aim of my lungs... Nothing like walking along and all of a sudden you can't breathe because your kid tried to take out one of your lungs.

    ReplyDelete