Saturday, November 12, 2011

What I am thankful for - part 3

Today, I am thankful for Zofran.

Thursday, I worked at the daycare until 4 and then headed home to pick up Colin.  I was going to drop him off for his shift at KMart, and then head over to the hospital for the first of my child birth classes.  Breast Feeding, which I was really excited for.  About 3/4 of the way to Havre, I started feeling a bit icky, but I put it down to having not eaten for a few hours and drinking Mountain Dew.  Dropped the husband off, grabbed a sandwich at McDonalds, and headed up to the hospital.  Ate and headed up to class.

Not even 10 minutes into the class, and I was feeling really sick, so I made my way to the bathroom...only to projectile vomit all over the carpet before I could get there.  Yeah, I felt terrible...room full of pregnant ladies, and I'm the one that has to puke all over the place.  I threw up for awhile and the teacher peeked in on me to make sure I was ok.  She told me that apparently there is a really nasty bug going around.  Short lived, but kicks your ass something fierce.  Great.  I thought I got a flu shot to prevent this, right?

So I clean myself up as best I can, and she gets me some barf bags for the trip home.  Call my mom, and she sends my dad down to Havre to pick me up so I don't have to try to drive myself.  I'm feeling like shit at this point.  Commence diarrhea and vomiting nigh constantly.  As soon as something hit my stomach it was coming back up.

Thursday night I was able to get away without puking most of the night, and I even was able to keep down some water.  It was my hope that was the end of it, but no dice.  Friday morning I was right back at it.  Called the Dr. and made an appointment, and he was able to squeeze me in before he left for the day.  We had to wait awhile, but the man truly is a saint.  We talked a bit about it and he decided it was probably just this bug and probably nothing to worry about too much.  He told me that since I'd been dealing with it more than 12 hours I was probably almost done with it, but he gave me a prescription for Zofran to stop the vomiting anyway.

Best. Medicine. Ever.

Since then, I haven't thrown up at all.  Keeping down all the liquids I've taken, though I haven't tried anything more solid than Chicken Noodle soup.  I'm feeling much better than I was, especially after getting a few hours of nap in the afternoon.

There were a few points in there where I was pretty worried.  Roland was still moving, but he was being a little sluggish and not his normal self.  After I got some water in me, he perked right back up, and he hasn't stopped kicking me since.  :)  My biggest worry through the whole thing was if he was going to be ok...having the flu sucks as it is.  Having the flu and worrying that you are killing your child is really terrible.  But everything is fine now, I'm back on track and the Sprog doesn't even seem phased by my little bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment