Sunday, November 27, 2011

What I am thankful for - part 4

I've been slacking on these a bit.  You can't blame me too much, my brain isn't exactly in the game, so to speak.

Right now, I am thankful for our amazing friends.  Without you all, I have no idea where I would be.

When we found out that I was pregnant, it's no big secret that we were both terrified.  The sheer amount of love and support we got from our closest friends was just staggering.  The decisions that we made were not easy, and they came after lots of tears and hours of discussions and a lot of soul searching.  I know Colin spent a lot of time talking to people and working things out with them.  I tend to bottle and internalize my issues more than he does, but just getting the e-mails and the chats and the buzz responses made a huge difference.  Just knowing that we had this huge support group that was there for us no matter what we decided made me feel much less alone.

Thank you all, for that.  You will never know how much your words and support and prayers and love during those tumultuous weeks is appreciated.  I doubt we can ever repay the love, but we will try.

I am eternally grateful for the friends who are always there.  The ones who, even if we go for weeks without talking due to life getting in the way, still love me.  There are so many people out there who demand nigh constant attention...unfortunately, I have never been the type of person who can give that.  So having friends who are happy to see me when they can is a huge blessing.  There is nothing worse than your friends making you feel like crap because you don't spend enough time with them.

Colin and I have asked two people to be Roland's Godparents.  They're not really the traditional Godparents, but it was really important to me that we have people we cherish as our son's Godparents.  The adults that he can talk to if he doesn't want to come to us, the surrogate aunt and uncle who have that special bond with our child.  In reality, if he would have let me, I would have asked a lot of people to be his Godparents.  So many different people have made such an impact in his life already, through us.  Instead, he'll just have a ridiculous amount of honorary aunts and uncles.

So to all of our friends who have supported us over the last 30-some weeks, thank you.  We love you all.  Even though we don't say it as often as we should--at least, I know that I don't--we love you and appreciate you for everything you've done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment