Monday, April 1, 2013

Oh where is my hairbrush!

My child is so odd at times.

My dad has long hair.  He's kinda a hippy like that.  And he keeps his hair brush in the living room on the table next to his seat.  That's just where it lives.  Roland loves playing with Grandpa's brush.  It's seriously one of his favorite toys in this house that is bursting at the seams with little boy play things.

He loves to brush other peoples hair.  Including the dogs, although I don't think Piper much appreciates that. He doesn't quite know how to do it right, but he definitely gives it a good college try.  And luckily, it doesn't hurt too much...he has yet to tangle the brush in my hair, so I count myself lucky.

And he loves to have his hair brushed.  He'll bring the brush over to you and set it on your lap and then lay his head down on your leg.  That's when you know you're in for a lengthy hair brushing.  So you brush and brush his hair and he lays there and coos and is totally content.  Sometimes, he practically falls asleep on you.  

Tonight, I spent half an hour brushing his hair and his back.  He really seems the love the feel of the hair brush, even when I was just running the bristles over his back and neck, he was still totally content.  I tried to urge him to sit up on my lap, but no...he wanted to stand there with his head on my leg.  It's really sweet and adorable and loving, even if it is a little odd.

He definitely has some quirks.  This is one of them.

Did i mention that he hardly has any hair at all?  Yeah, he's got some cute little curls in the back, but up on top he is pretty damn bald.  Hopefully this means that he won't fight the brush when he's older...

No comments:

Post a Comment