Saturday, March 30, 2013

Exciting projects

As a Mommy, I am signed up for many different daily e-mails about how to make your child's life amazing and how to make them a freakin' genius.  They are full of crafty ideas that are intended to stimulate the brain while proving what an amazing mother you are.

Most days, I'm lucky if I get a shower in, let alone a chance to eat.

However, this was the e-mail I got today.  Another time consuming project, but this is one I can totally get behind.


Mapping Friends

Target Age:
Early One-Year Old
Materials You Will Need:
map, photos, glue
What To Do:
Your child may enjoy seeing where family and friends live. Place a map of your country on the wall of your child's room. Take a photo of each person and adhere it on the map showing where each lives. Point to the photos regularly, telling your child the name and location of each person.
Variations:
Place a special sticker on each place and person you and your child visit in the future.


So!  I am totally going to do this one with Roland.  However, it will likely have to wait until we move, when we have a bit more space.  Until then, though, I'm going to start gathering up pictures.

To our friends and family and other loved ones: If you want to be involved in this project, send me a picture that you'd like me to use!  Especially if you are doing something fun and exciting and awesome.  I'll print them off over the summer, and come the fall, they'll all get posted on Mr. Roland's wall.  If you want your lovely mug on the wall, e-mail me at singeraprildawn @ gmail.com.

And now that I know that he will sit in his playpen and play quietly for like an hour at a time...maybe I'll be able to do more of these cool little projects!  AND shower.

The world will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment