Monday, March 25, 2013

The Art of Oreos

My child is almost painfully intelligent.  He will watch us do something, and then he mimics that...

I have a feeling this will come back to bite me in the ass when he is older.  But for now, I mostly think it's awesome and adorable.

Normally, when Roland gets oreos, all he gets is the chocolate part.  See, mom likes the filling.  So she takes half off and eats the half with filling on it, leaving all the little chocolate cookies.  And Roland, being the lover of sweets, usually gets those.

He has discovered that he is kind of getting the short end of the stick on this deal.

I'm having a rough day today.  In an excruciating amount of pain, which makes running after the baby difficult/impossible.  So he was sitting there, being a pill, and I went and got him an oreo.  The entire thing.

Yeah, I hurt so much that I couldn't even steal his filling.

So, he's sitting there on Uncle Cole's chair with an oreo.  I look over at him, and he is pulling the oreo apart.  He is very carefully about it, almost delicate, even.  He gets the cookie off without breaking it, which is pretty impressive in and of itself.  He sets the chocolate cookie to the side and attacks the filling.

I may be a little biased, and it's really a tiny thing.  But I find it absolutely hilarious and pretty damn impressive, to be honest!

I have a feeling this child is going to keep me on my toes.  Maybe we should rethink the idea of having another... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment