Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I am a terrible mother...

Today, I am a terrible mother.

Roland has been extra difficult today.  Or maybe it just seems that he's being extra difficult with my current inability to do, well, anything.  I was absolutely done by about...oh...10:30 this morning.

This came right after he crawled up on my mom's seat, grabbed the remote, and before I could snag him--drop it in her cup of water.

No, the remote doesn't work properly any more.

So, I plopped him in his high chair and wandered outside to pull out the play pen.  I set it up in the living room, and he has played in there all day.  Normally, I try to let him roam around the living room and play to his hearts content, but today, I just didn't have the energy.

He got tossed in the play pen most of the day.

Yeah, I know.  I'm a terrible mother.  I gave him some stuffed animals and some toys and his blocks.

Surprisingly enough, for the most part, he was pretty happy.  He sat and played with his blocks (my child is a genius and loves to put together his legos--squeee!) for much of the day.  There were a few points where he whined, but mostly, he was content.

I think that maybe, just maybe, after my weeping breakdown right before lunch, he realized that momma was not feeling well and needed a little bit of a break.

The playpen will be staying in the house, and likely will be staying up.  Thus far, he hasn't figured out how to get out of it.  I'm sure that won't last long...but there are moments where I need to, like, pee in peace.  Or put in laundry.  Or cook some food.  You know.  Things where I can't really have a child hanging on me.

Ahhh, blissful moments of peace...

I feel bad about that today.  But I don't think he's any worse for the wear.  Plus, he got to go to Diaper DareDevils tonight, so I guess that probably made up for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey now, there is nothing wrong with a little judicious use of the playpen. There are days I wouldn't get through without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a large baby gate around the living room, but it's time to hold him back a little more, once in awhile. He plays really well in it, so I don't feel too bad. :)

    ReplyDelete